Good Cause - n, socially useful organisation or activity that is not managed for profit
Great news! Our Give a Little page is up and running!
Please remember Russian Days is an event organised by volunteers who do not have funds of their own.
What do we need money for?
- venue hire costs - Western Spring Community Hall (Hall 1 for performers and Hall 2 for business expo) - $1,200.
- equipment hire - Projector and screen for performers (backdrop), projector and screen for businesses (to hold short presentation about who they are, what services they provide), microphones and speakers in each hall - $920
- partitions hire - to set up individual booths for business expo - would depend on the number of businesses, eg. for 25-30 booths it would require 80-90 partitions, circa $2,900
- sound technician - to help performers and the front person run concert smoothly (i.e making sure the sound is great, the microphones work etc) - approx. $400
- drinking water (health and safety requirement) - approx. $100
- clean up of the venue (all rubbish has to be removed form the facility, rubbish bins hire - approx. $250
- Russian Days flyers, festival programme booklets, stretchers, flags - approx. $200
- matreshka stand for photographs (the one where you could stand behind and pop your head through a hole) - approx.. $250
So, as you could see there are many things to organise! And many of them (eg. equipment hire, printing materials) need to be booked in advance.
The festival Russian Days needs your help; if you know of anyone who is interested in becoming a sponsor/partner - please ask them to contact organisers.
Additionally, you can help by donating, so that all together we make Russian Days happen!
this will take you to Give a Little website
Alternatively, you can become a volunteer and help with organising the event